The Palm Harbor Library has over 125 volunteers who donate at least 4 hours per week each. We have volunteers from 14 years of age and up. If you are interested in volunteering at the library, please contact Pam Brachmann at 784-3332 x3005.
Volunteer Opportunities for Adults
- Checking materials in and out.
- Shelving books, movies, tapes, CD Music, CD books, etc.
- Covering books and bar coding items that will be added to the collection.
- Shelf readers to insure our collections are in the correct location.
- Bookstore cashiers.
- Sorting, pricing and stocking the items that have been donated for resale in our bookstore.
- Custodial Duties
- Outreach programs
- Literacy – Helping adults learn English as a Second Language. (We will provide both training and resources)
Volunteer Opportunities for Teens
- Youth Advisory Board (YAB)
- Contribute to Advisory Board discussions
- 1 hour meeting/1 hour of credit
- Fulfills requirements for Bright Futures, National Honor Society, etc.
- Assist with Youth programs
- Shelving in all areas
- Fulfills court ordered community service requirements (After review with volunteer coordinator)